Unlike a face lift or other kind of invasive facial rejuvenation procedure, anti-wrinkle injections take only minutes to perform and require no downtime. Using a very fine needle, the facial muscles that are responsible for unsightly wrinkles and fine lines are injected in order to relax, thereby smoothing the overlying skin.
Our team of doctors at All Saint Clinic use the highest quality products that temporarily improve the appearance of both moderate to severe lines. Commonly, anti-wrinkle injections are utilised in the upper and lower face to treat areas such as:
- Frown lines
- Horizontal forehead lines
- Crow’s feet (lines around the eyes)
- Bunny Lines (on your nose when smiling)
However, anti-wrinkle injections are versatile in their application and All Saint Clinic doctors are all skilled in utilising these injections for:
- Jawline slimming – reducing the masseter muscle bulk to give a softer and more slim aesthetic to the lower face
- TMD disorder (or Bruxism) – this aching ailment causes irritation in the jaw area and often lead to teeth grinding and pain in the jaw area.
- Jawline definition – Platysma muscle injections
- Excessive sweating, or hyperhidrosis – Anti-wrinkle injections are highly effective for treating excessive sweating by blocking the release of acetylcholine, thus causing sweat glands to stop producing sweat. Around 20-25 minor injections to the underarm area effectively reduces sweating by up to 90% within 2 days period, lasting up to 10 months, or even longer.
Anti-wrinkle injections will work on both the dynamic lines (those that appear when you express) and static wrinkle (those that remain regardless of expression). For deep static lines, anti-wrinkle injections can make a dramatic improvement over time.
The procedure is invariably very well tolerated. Following your treatment, you can expect some mild redness and selling in the treatment areas for approximately 10-20 mins. Whereas bruising is possible it is unlikely, and most people will have their injections and then return to their daily activities with no-one the wiser that they have even had a treatment.
Typically, patients will start to notice the effect of the treatment in 3-4 days. However, it takes approximately 2 weeks for the full effect of the anti-wrinkle treatment to be seen. Typically, the effect will last approximately 3-4 months dependent on the dose and treatment area.