Fraxel is the original fractional laser treatment that works below the skin’s surface from the top down. Fraxel light energy stimulates your skin’s natural collagen, rejuvenating skin cells below the surface to help with texture, tone and clarity on your complexion. The results of treatment are immediate and progressive with additional treatments. Fraxel can deliver noticeable results in a single treatment – soon after the treatment, the surface of your skin will feel softer and smoother, look brighter and show a more even tone. The next three to six months will bring more improvement as the deeper layers of the skin continue to create new collagen. With Fraxel, outstanding results can be achieved with minimal downtime.
Fraxel is effective for:
- Fine lines and wrinkles – like crow’s feet and brow lines
- Surface scarring - helping to erase effects of acne and other scarring
- Pigmentation - diminishing the appearance of age spots
- Sun damage - helping improve the appearance of sun damaged skin
- Actinic Keratosis - a common pre-cancerous skin condition
Depending on the level of the treatment, you may experience redness or swelling after the procedure which diminishes as quickly as the next day or over the next several days. Your skin will naturally bronze over the next week or two, and with any subsequent treatment sessions. As with a sunburn, your skin will flake and exfoliate normally, revealing fresher, glowing and smoother looking and feeling skin.