Dermal Fillers address loss of volume from the ageing process
Dermal fillers are used to help diminish facial lines and restore volume and fullness in the face. As we age, our faces naturally lose both the deep and superficial fat. This results in a loss of the volume and structure that we usually associate with a youthful appearance.
Encompassing treatments such as tear trough filler (or under eye filler) and jawline filler, dermal fillers provide a safe and effective way to help address the aesthetic changes that occur with ageing. In skilled hands, dermal fillers can be utilised to create very natural and subtle results aimed at refreshing and rejuvenating the facial contours.
Unlike invasive facial rejuvenation procedures, dermal filler injections take only minutes to perform and frequently require no downtime. At All Saint Clinic, our highly experienced doctors utilise the most advanced products and techniques to attain the aesthetic results that are individually tailored to your needs.
Dermal Filler Applications
Dermal fillers may provide an instant and long-lasting effect that help address some of the more dramatic signs of ageing. Furthermore, dermal fillers can be utilised to enhance and augment facial features that are tailored to an individual’s needs.
Women and men of all ages can utilise dermal fillers such as under eye filler (or tear trough filler) and jawline filler, to enhance their natural beauty and restore the loss of fullness and contour associated with ageing.
Commonly, dermal fillers injections are utilised in the upper and lower face to treat areas such as:
- Cheek height and contour
- Lip volume and definition
- Jawline enhancement
- Chin projection
- Fine line reduction
- Tear trough progression
However, dermal filler injections are versatile in their application and All Saint Doctors are all skilled in utilising these injections for more advanced applications such as:
- Non-surgical rhinoplasty – Shaping the nose with dermal filler to improve profile and even lift the nasal tip.
- Forehead contouring – As we age the deep fat pads of the forehead can shrink away leaving us with a concave appearance. Our skilled doctors are well versed in utilising dermal filler to reduce this concavity and restore the natural curvature of the forehead.
- Temple depression – The concavity and depth of the temple area is a commonly overlooked sign of ageing. Filling this area restores the balance of the upper third of the face and can improve the appearance of the lateral eye and brow area.
- A-frame hollowing – As we age, the bony margin of the orbit increases in aperture. The loss of the upper eye fat pads can cause the eye to look sunken. Dermal filler can be used very effectively to reduce this appearance and highlight the natural contour of the upper and lower eye area.
- Numerous other face and body filler treatments are available and can be tailored to meet your personal needs following a consultation with one of our expert doctors.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are There Any Side Effects to Dermal Fillers?
The procedure is usually well tolerated. Following your treatment, you can expect some mild redness and swelling in the treatment areas. Bruising may occur however is usually minor, and most people will have their injections and then return to their daily activities with no-one the wiser that they have even had a treatment.
Who Should Not Get Dermal Fillers?
Dermal filler injections may not be advisable if you have a known allergy to the product, active infection in the treatment area or if you are pregnant or breastfeeding. Please inform us of any allergies or medical conditions you may have.
What Should Be Avoided Prior to Treatment?
Avoid blood thinning medications such as Ibuprofen, Aspirin, Naproxen for 5 days prior to your treatment. These may increase your chances of bruising. Inform your doctor if you are on any prescription blood thinning medications (do not stop taking prescription medications unless specifically instructed to do so).
Do not drink alcohol on the day of the treatment.
Schedule your treatment at least 2 weeks prior to a big event to allow any bruising to resolve.
When Will I Begin to Notice Results?
Typically, patients will start to notice the effect of the treatment instantly, however final results can take approximately 4 weeks as the dermal filler integrates into your natural tissue. Typically, the effect will last up to 1-2 years depending on the individual, product type and treatment area.
Restore & Redefine Your Face with Dermal Fillers at Sydney’s Leading Skin Clinic
Trust our elite team of doctors with your next under eye, jawline or general dermal filler treatment and leave our clinic feeling confident and refreshed. Book your next dermal filler appointment at one of our luxurious Sydney locations in Double Bay or North Parramatta.
Before and After photos are not guarantees that your results will be the same or even similar as each individual patient's results will be different. Before undergoing a cosmetic medical treatment, ensure that you understand that individual results may vary and that you are aware of the risks and potential complications associated with the procedure.
Image: Copyright All Saint Clinic. All rights reserved. Reproduction of this image without written permission may result in copyright infringement and will result in immediate legal action.